Why ancient man had healthy teeth with no holes while he never brushed his
teeth While we brush carefully and still have holes ?!
1- A healthy diet low in carbohydrates and sugars.
Yes … ancient man did not have all the indulgences we have! No sweets, no carbs
and no snacks. The diet was mainly based on meat and fat.
Ancient man was a hunter, his main source of nutrition was from the animal world.
A diet high in protein and fat. No sugar and no carbs!
2- The diet was not soft.
After all, eating meat requires effort and the use of chewing forces that are
beneficial to the healthy teeth.
Why? Hard food encourages the secretion of saliva, saliva balances acidity in the
mouth and prevents tooth decay, it also helps in self-rinsing of the teeth and self
cleaning of oral cavity. as a result we get healthy teeth.
Call now or WhatsApp us
How do we protect our teeth from tooth decay?
- Buying and adopting proper eating habits and balanced diet will greatly help prevent tooth decay, as well as have a beneficial effect on our overall health as well.
- Reduce eating foods that contain sugar and have a tendency to stick to teeth and stay in the oral cavity for a long time such as: snacks, cornflakes, cookies, hard candies, crackers. If you do consume these foods, it is important to brush your teeth afterwards, and clean the oral cavity to keep healthy teeth.
- Maintaining orderly and complete meals and reducing small meals, “snacking” between meals. As mentioned, the frequency of eating has an effect on the presence of food and acid formation in the mouth, as well as the great importance of salivation during full meals.
- Make sure your snacks contain fruits and vegetables that contain plenty of fluids that help flush your mouth, in addition to being healthy and nutritious.
- A sweet dessert is best eaten immediately after a meal and as part of it, when there is a sufficient amount of saliva in the mouth that neutralizes the acidity and helps in rinsing the mouth.
- Reduce drinking sugary drinks and switch to drinking water that also helps flush out leftover food that has stuck to your teeth.
- Brushing teeth at least twice a day and flossing food scraps and cleaning aids between tooth spaces, to which the toothbrush does not reach. It is recommended to brush your teeth even after small meals for healthy teeth.
In conclusion we discovered that the diet itself was the one that kept healthy teeth and prevented the development of lesions.
As a proof notice that the inactive side of the teeth in our oral cavity, has always more problems. Accumulates tartar, bleeding and holes. And here’s another secret, this is how you can find out which side you chew more on 🙂